What a great morning! Zoe slept for 11.5 hours. And Zoe is starting to trust me! I reached out my arms to her to see if she would come to me so I could pick her up and she reached a little bit but then brought her arms back to her side. That was great! We're making progress! She will look at me a little more now. She lays her head against my chest on bus rides. She will smile. The funny thing is that when she smiles, it seems to me that she doesn't know how to handle the emotion that goes along with a smile... so she gets her serious face back on. We have noticed that she doesn't tolerate too much stimulation... its like she gets overwhelmed. So, we're trying to keep things low key as much as possible for her. I sing softly to her, I try to provide as much skin to skin contact as I can with her. I put toys in front of my face which forces her to look at me to get it. Zoe loves it when you hand her a toy... I can tell she is either half smiling or wants to smile. She is such a sweet & beautiful baby.
Went to the Jade & Pearl Market today. Bought some of both for Zoe when she gets older. Jade is very important & traditional for the Chinese. And the freshwater pearls come from Zoe's province.
 |
| Look at all of the Pearls |
 |
| Holding my Sleeping Baby... no other place I would want to be! |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.