Our day started our terrible. Zoe was nothing but tears (so that's all I was too). She was very clingy & wouldn't eat anything. No fever. But, I knew something was just wrong. So our guide took us to medical clinic right here in the White Swan Hotel. Zoe had 2 problems. She was diagnosed with a sore throat requiring antibiotics (I had Zithromax from the US) & severe constipation (requiring 2 enemas this morning). The whole experience in the clinic was overwhelming & emotional... I paid my $30 fee, went back to the hotel room.. gave Zoe her 1st dose of Zithromax and also some Tylenol. I laid her on my chest and there she slept for 2 hours. There was no other place in this world that I wanted to be... but to be alone with my baby.
We also applied for Zoe's passport & after getting back in the bus, our guide announced to us "Congratulations everyone! You are now officially the parents of your baby in the eyes of the Chinese gov't." Everyone started yelling & clapping their hands. What a moment!
Then, we went to a department store. I found some pajamas long enough for her. And here is where I learned another "Mommy Lesson" - Never miss a feeding! Zoe had a melt down in the department store out of the blue and it took me by surprise... as I frantically tried to figure out what was wrong... and then that's when I realized that I had missed a feeding. I felt like I was the worst Mom in the whole world.
Tonight I fed her yogurt before bedtime and she loved it... And I got a smile right before she went to bed. That was what made my day!
Tonight I fed her yogurt before bedtime and she loved it... And I got a smile right before she went to bed. That was what made my day!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.