I wanted to take some time & post an update on our Zoe. It has been 12 weeks since her last surgery and we are THRILLED to share that those awful holes that appeared after her last surgery have disappeared! We truly believe that those holes disappeared due to all the prayers from many people that love & care about our Zoe. For me, it was like witnessing a miracle seeing those holes go away. We thank God for his healing for our daughter. And thank YOU for praying for her & us.
Zoe saw her surgeon today and he was very happy with her progress. As a matter of fact, we don't have to see him again until one year! Whew hew! Happy day! Her scar is larger than we hoped for and the skin around her nose & lip is what we call lumpy & bumpy. But... her skin is CLOSED! The surgeon stated that he would monitor her each year and when kindergarten got closer, he would do a revision surgery to help smooth away the skin and help make her lip look a little more "normal." As he says, "Kids especially little girls can be quite cruel to one another. I want her starting school looking the best she can." I don't think anyone can really imagine how we feel right now... no more surgery for what maybe 2 more years? And Zoe gets to just be a little girl. It brings tears to my eyes! It is SO exciting!
Zoe is doing AWESOME! No, she is is doing AMAZING! She is literally the happiest little girl I have ever met in my life. She finds joy & laughter in the smallest things (i.e. turning her baby stroller over so the wheels are up in the air and just spinning the wheels with her hands... who would have thought that would be so much fun?) It makes me laugh just listening to her laugh so heartily out loud. She has a speech pathologist that is coming out to our home every 2 weeks (she helps with speech and coaches me on her developmental progress & exercises to do with Zoe to help catch her up). Zoe has made literally leaps & bounds since coming home 6.5 months ago. She is still a little behind in some aspects but in others she's ahead. Yeah! Go girl! And her confidence is growing so much. She's trying new things on her own.
She also knows a TON of sign language (I swear her brain is a sponge). So, now we are working more on "making sounds with your mouth" instead of just doing the sign for something. This month our homework is to work on the letters "d" and "t" but honestly I just work with about every word and try to get her to make some type of attempt. She is doing great. I am so proud of her!
She is getting better using a sippy cup. I still have to use the squirt bottle to get fluids in her. She eats great! I'd like to take this opportunity to "brag" that our 2 year old begs for broccoli when she sees it anywhere. She eats EVERYTHING we give her! She is SO Eric's daughter! ha ha ; ) Eric is keeping his fingers crossed that Zoe will love sushi so he can have a sushi partner for the future. Zoe LOVES books (she can't get enough of them-we read a lot together); she can spot a puppy dog a mile away, and she LOVES wearing her ballerina tu-tu's & bows in her hair.
Oh! She has gained weight too (she is now 22.5 lbs). It may not be much but she is finally on the growth chart at 5%. Yeah! And she is 32 inches tall (she grew a whole inch). Our pediatrician thinks she may be on the petite side as she gets older (based on her height, weight, bone size, etc.).
Oh and for anyone wanting to know how Eric & I are doing. We're doing great! Very happy! Eric loves his new job. I am still at home with Zoe and the plan right now is to keep it that way. I really do enjoy being a stay-at-home Momma. ; )
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.