Tuesday, December 11, 2012

"It's NOT summer time now!"

With Zoe starting preschool, I had to find navy/tan/jean  shorts for her school uniform.  That might not seem like a big deal... but Zoe doesn't own any of these because well... She is a "dress" kind of girl (always has been).  

After searching through multiple stores trying to find shorts & skirts with NO SUCCESS... I asked a sales lady at a store here in our mall that spoke really great English "Do you know anywhere I can buy girls shorts?  I cannot find them anywhere!"  The lady then proceeds to look at me like a complete weirdo with her brow all wrinkled and says to me "It's NOT summer time now!"

So... I kind of wanted to burst out laughing because I now realize that this woman must think I am the dumbest Gringo in the whole world... So, I just casually respond, "Oh OK.  Any idea when you will start carrying shorts again?  I kind of need them for my daughter's school uniform now."  She says "In the spring collection, probably March or April." 

I walk out of the store shaking my head a little... I am a college educated woman and I know what months are considered "summer" - But, the last time I checked (which was 2 minutes ago) it was 88 degrees here, sunny, hot & humid.  Can anyone tell me why a Puerto Rican would even want to buy or need at that a puffy vest, sweatshirt, turtle neck, or lined winter pants?  I mean... I'm just saying... December or not, it is always "shorts weather" here!

And I did find her shorts (out of Noah's collection)... Please don't tell her she is wearing boys shorts! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.