Well, today was THE DAY! Noah became a permanent part of the Reyes family... forever. Today was extremely emotionally & we were both worn out mentally by the end of the day... hence this post coming a day late. Any adoptive family will understand that. Went through so many emotions... questioning ourselves at times... and then we literally began to take one hour at a time. It is definitely a transition from one child to two. As one of Eric's co-workers told him right before we left for Taiwan "Having one child is kind of like a hobby. Add a second and it is the real deal in parenting. Add a third and its a piece of cake. It's the second one that you have to learn. You guys will be just fine." We KNOW that we CAN do this! ; )
Noah is doing great... he has already bonded with Eric and gets "worried" when he leaves his sight. Noah loves playing with Zoe. He could I think take or leave me (Karen)... he will smile at me and bring me things here and there. But he has not bonded (or even started to) with me at all. And don't worry... I really AM ok with that. Things happen for a reason and I had this "gut" feeling all along that this may happen this way. Noah needs some time and some consistency in his life. It will come. For everything this little one has been through in his short life... considering... he is really doing wonderfully. And at times acts like he has been with us all along.
Noah is full of smiles and giggles and a bit naughty (testing) at times (which is normal for his age). Eric and I have already joked saying "He may win some battles, but he will NOT win the war." ; ) Full of energy & life. Very happy child.
Oh! And we got his "sickness" cleared up (and after a visit to the doctor). He has bronchitis (as I suspected) and is on antibiotics. You would NEVER even know the child was sick though (minus the cough)! So, I have the pleasure of continuing his antibiotics (which are wrapped up in little individual daily packets, I remember well from China with Zoe-I refer to them as the witch doctor medicine because I have no idea what is in it. Totally trusting the medical staff here, you know?)
Zoe is doing amazing. We both cannot get over how gracious, patient, and understanding she has been acting towards Noah and this complete new transition in her life. With that being said, she has had two tearful episodes (when she has probably felt like she was not getting the attention that she wanted). She never complains, she just gets quiet and cries silently. So heart breaking. But it has worked out just fine as I am able to take her to the side or sneak away and give her some extra loving/one on one time... especially since Noah Kai could really care less about me (Karen) right now. ; )
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.