Friday, November 5, 2010

Operation Christmas Child

Operation Christmas Child is a program run by Samaritan's Purse every November.  You pack a shoe box filled with toys & supplies for a child in need (age & gender that you choose) so that they receive it on Christmas.  You can also include a picture & a note if you want to.  This box is for a child who would have otherwise never received a Christmas gift at all.  

Then... the really neat & fun part is after Christmas... you receive an email to let you know what part of the world your box was sent.  I used to do this in college.  But, I have now decided that this is going to be a Christmas tradition for our family.  I took Zoe with me to "help" pick out the items (she may not "get it" this year but eventually she will).

 
Update:  We just learned that our box was sent to a little girl in the Phillippines.  Yeah!  ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.