Thursday, January 17, 2013
Our Wishing Tree
I came across these pictures recently... I took them the week before we moved from our Virginia home (and somehow forgot to download them off my camera). I learned by accident through our realtor that the new owners were going to chop down our wishing tree... which broke my heart. And this is why... Eric & I planted this white crape myrtle when we first started our adoption process for Zoe back in 2005. It was so small I could hold it in the palm of my hand. During all the waiting, it brought so much peace to my heart watching it grow, praying, & knowing that God would send our baby home when it was the right time. Then, in 2009, when we brought Zoe home, I took her adoption announcement picture in front of this tree. We let it grow wild and 7 years later, well... it has bloomed into a beautiful tree. And here is our beautiful girl in front of it one last time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.