We have been listening to World War 2 era air raid sirens, horns beeping, super-loud music, with a woman yelling through a microphone hooked up to a rock-concert-sized speaker system strapped to the back of a pick-up truck! Also witnessing people waving these huge flags sitting on top of trucks flying down a highway... I ask you... Is the island under attack? Oh no... It's just Election Day! And pure insanity!
While at the pool, another round of sirens began... and I heard Noah say "Oh no! Not again!" and then Zoe belted out "Insanity!" Ah hem... I am just not sure "where" she has heard that word before... I think I may have used it a bit much today.
The local elections here are very lively & loud! So much so, that I cannot even begin to put it into words actually. I am just so glad that today is here and maybe some of this madness we have been experiencing for the past 3 weeks will stop?
An interesting note: PR citizens are not eligible to vote for the US Presidential election (as I understand, all of the other US territories also fall into this category). I hope that all of our family & friends took the time to vote today for the Presidential election. It is a true privilege!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.