We drove to the beach the other day completely out of the blue to collect shells. We didn't bring any beach toys... Just ourselves in our bathing suits. We told the kids it was an "adventure." We found lots of beautiful shells and even a place where there were tons of hermit crabs (large & small) and we all just sat there and watched these creatures. We had the whole beach to ourselves.
On our way back, Eric & I were deep in a conversation... There was complete silence & we both stopped at the same exact time & said "Where are the kids?" We turned and saw them about 100 yards behind us completely oblivious playing in the sand on the edge of the water... laughing & giggling in their own little world. Eric pulled up a fallen palm frond and we sat there and just watched them from a distance.
Then, my Mommy Moment happened... I was lost in tears (of joy) realizing what precious gifts we had been given. And I realized in that moment that there was NO other place in the world that I wanted to be except right where I was with my family.
The best footprints in the whole world


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.