Sunday, July 31, 2011
"Brother, are you OK?"
For awhile now we have wondered if Zoe is "understanding" what having a a brother really means. We have Noah's picture framed in 2 places in our home and Zoe will often go get one of the frames and take it into her playroom while she is playing. I have also witnessed her kissing the picture. She will also say things like "I share my toys with my brother" and "I help my brother." But it was not until today while changing her diaper in a Baja Fresh that it really hit me that she DOES understand. As I was changing her diaper I let her "play" with my cell phone (we were not talking about Noah at all)... when all of a sudden I hear from her mouth "Hello? (pause) Brother? (pause) Are you OK?" I was absolutely speechless with tears streaming down my face, smiling so big. I sat her up and asked her "Zoe, do you know where your brother is?" And she responded "My brother Taiwan. Momma go get." It was one of the most precious moments I have experienced as a mother. Zoe thinks & wonders about her brother just as we do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.