Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spring is Approaching...

It is happening again… the warm weather has approached and I realize that Zoe needs some spring/summer clothes taken out for this new season.  So, I pull out the bin that I have so very well organized into 2T Spring/Summer.  And as I pull out each piece and inventory them into groupings to see what she may need still.  I am overwhelmed by each piece of clothing that comes out.  I see hand-me-downs and remember the sweet person that shared them with me.  I find an outfit that I bought over 8 years ago before Zoe was even a thought in our minds.  I come across a cute pair of Capri pants that I bought for a dime at a consignment shop & shirts I bought on a super clearance sale at Kohls years ago.  And then some dresses that I bought for my baby niece Isabelle (who is 9 now) and my sweet sister-in-law saved them for me because she knew one day we would have a girl.  And even an outfit or two from a baby shower back in June 2009.  Wow!  As I pull out the last piece of clothing, I am so overwhelmed that now tears are streaming down my face.  Why is that?  Am I sad that Zoe is growing up so darn fast?  Am I just some really emotional person that takes such little things & memories to heart?  Do I feel lucky to be surrounded by people who care about us?  I think it may be a little of all of the above.  But mainly I just feel blessed to have this beautiful life named Zoe standing in front of me in mix-matched clothes including a beach hat from the 2T bin (that she put on all by herself when I wasn’t looking) staring at me and saying, “Oh no!  Momma crying?  What happened?”  And I tell her “Oh, Momma just loves you so much.  You are growing up so fast!  You make me so happy.”  And Zoe responds, “I know!”  She runs out of the room and quickly comes back with Kleenex and dries my eyes.  Which makes me smile and causes more tears to fall.  I grab her and hold her real tight and whisper in her ear “I love you Zoe” and she returns a smile back to me with her deep dimple now beaming from her right cheek.  I just want to say thank you for being a part of our lives as we continue this journey of family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.